Song E Napule (casual Italian, Greenwich Village)

Dinner 4/25: Pizza with spicy salumi and mozzarella, Spaghetti Bolognese (I'm calling it bow-loan-yase-a, is that right?)

Very small, moderately priced, no-frills Italian

Both dishes were executed well. Limited alcohol options (I remember seeing only "house wine" and a few beers).

Pizza had a slightly undercooked crust (which I prefer), cheese and meat were applied sparsely to great effect

Pasta was cooked right; plenty of meat in the sauce gave it a pleasant texture

Final:
I wouldn't go all the way to the neighborhood to have it, but if I'm in the area with a small group and want pizza and pasta, it'd be in contention.

Food: 7/10
Service: 5/10 (there was one guy. he was nice enough, but it was pretty no-frills service)
Fun: 6/10 (not much going on here)

http://www.songenapulenyc.com/

Comments

Popular Posts